Brown Stripes Blanket

Yesterday was my mom's birthday. And I gave this blanket for her present. I made it with cotton yarns and a hook 3/0. I'm glad she loves it. She really surprised when she opened the box. And I also relieved when it's done, cos it took me 1 year to make this blanket. Phew...

Actually it has a lot of history. First I wanted to make this blanket for my friend's birthday present last year. But I was too lazy and we had problems back then, so I stopped making it for months and I started to make other projects. Then I decided to give it to my friend no matter what.

But I know now that crocheting or knitting or other handmade is a special thing. If you want to make something for someone, you will make it with all your feelings and with care. You want it to be different and special (God, look who's talking. Hahaha...). But I felt that it's not for my friend anymore. So when my mom saw it, she asked me if she can have it. Of course I didn't say yes. That's why she was like, "Oh this is for me? Wow I never knew you made it for me". Hahaha...

My next project from my sister is 80 pieces of book covers I have to finish this June. Kyaaa... busy busy busy...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous colours. I can see why your mother loved it!

Nita said...

Thank you :)

And makes me happy to see her using it every night :)

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, I like the colours... I can understand why your mum was happy. :D And it must be a good feeling to be done..! I felt it that way too, with my blanket. ;)

Nita said...

thank you :)
when I have more time I want to make a blanket for me, using pastel colors :)

Anonymous said...

keren mba! rajin bener ya sampe jd blanket segede itu *takjub*
paduan warnanya jg aku suka banget,duh jd terinspirasi hehehe..
btw, mba bikinnya pake benang katun lokal kah? beli dimn? boleh tau merknya ngga? eleuhh jd mborongan gini nanyanya ;P
oiya, salam kenal & terima kasih sgt sblmnya..^_^

Nita said...

Hai Opi... makasih lho. Sorry telat balesnyaaa... =)

Iya aku pake benang katun lokal, lama2 enak kok bahannya, jadi lemes. Aku belinya di Micky Mocko, mereka kan benang katunnya lumayan banyak tuh. Kayaknya gak ada merknya deh hihihi...